Study of Coastal Processes from Delimara to Xrobb l-Għaġin
– a survey of coastal erosion, deposition and land use.
Students will be asked to observe the area and collect data on the following aspects:
- geological formation of the area;
- how geology influences coastal features;
- processes of coastal erosion including abrasion,vhydraulic action, corrosion and attrition;
- study of landforms such as cliffs, caves, arches, stacks, wave-cut platforms;
- wave transport and the formation of beaches;
- study of human interference and landuse along this stretch of coastline.
Download fieldwork worksheets here.
Learn how to make a clinometer to measure the height of cliffs here.
Landuse Study of Melleiħa Valley
These worksheets will help students explore Għadira valley from the following aspects:
- geological formation in relation to relief, soil and vegetation;
- the natural vegetation, namely garigue and salt marshland;
- land use including agriculture, fishing, tourist resorts, summer residial area, nature reserve, caravan site, afforestation projct;
- conflicts that result from these various landuses.
Download worksheets related to this fieldwork here.
You can obtain additional information on the area from: